Shaker-style kitchens have always been en vogue and there’s something nice and warming about their simplicity. Having teamed up with interior designer Anna Ryder Richardson of Changing Rooms fame, Magnet have launched a new range called Somerton, which consists of three different colour variations that you can mix and match to personalise your scheme.
First off, there’s Somerton Fern, which has a lovely rich, earthy green tone to it and a slightly grained finish.
Next up, Somerton Sage, which is a lighter shade of green with a soft-grey undertone.
Lastly Somerton Oak, with a natural solid wood finish. Somerton is part of the highly-crafted Uniquely Magnet, range, and is available in store now.
‘These kitchens are such a timeless design and they look like they’re going to last,’ comments Anna. ‘Somerton Fern is my favourite out of the three and you could easily change its look to make it more modern or really traditional. It’s a winner!’
We caught up with Magnet to find out their predictions for kitchen trends in 2013…
* Metallics – ultra glossy, stunning metallics are set to be big next year.
* Top Tech – pop-up gadgets will be the norm, from iPads to knife blocks and TVs.
* Streamline – handleless kitchens will continue to be popular
* Colours – sophisticated grey, blue and green are the predicted shades.
* Energy saving – green is the new black for appliances, helping the environment and your household bills!
Read more →